1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME/CFS doctor in Argentina?

Discussion in 'Other clinics and doctors' started by Hubris, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A friend of mine with a diagnosis of ME/CFS needs to move (temporarily) to Argentina, the climate there will help his health, but due to covid travel restrictions he can't be allowed to fly there unless he proves that he has a medical condition that can be treated in Argentina but not where he comes from.

Does anyone know of a doctor in Argentina that could be willing to write a certificate that he needs go there to try Ampligen (since it's approved there for ME/CFS), that way he can be permitted to fly there?

Thank you!

2. protzkom

protzkom New Member

Hi, did you find someone in Argentina who can help? Ampligen was also approved for Long Covid-19 treatment as far as I know.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Trish likes this.
  3. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have not but travel restrictions should not be as bad now. As far as i know ampligen still isn't available anywhere (except the US but it's very expensive and insurance won't cover it). I might not be totally up to date though

4. protzkom

protzkom New Member

How does it work then?) They've got approval from Argentina's ANMAT (=FDA) and claimed their import and export allowance in mid-2020 and sign distribution contract with GP Pharma.

As for US they've launched Phase 2a of Ampligen as Antiviral Therapy, maybe in this case the will finalise their approval:

https://aimimmuno.com/press-release...an-intranasal-antiviral-prophylactic-therapy/