1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Local immune response to food antigens drives meal-induced abdominal pain, 2021, Aguilera-Lizarraga et al

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by InfiniteRubix, Jan 13, 2021.

1. InfiniteRubix

InfiniteRubix Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Local immune response to food antigens drives meal-induced abdominal pain

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-03118-2

Dolphin, leokitten, Mij and 6 others like this.
  2. mat

mat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Funny enough, IBS, as to how such related things are often generalized, is also attributed to the psyche by some medical folks. Because it's impossible to consider that the significantly increased amounts of gluten, sugars and hormones could lead to it. Just like it is a coincidence that children's puberty shifts to earlier and earlier ages.

3. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Up to 20% of people worldwide develop gastrointestinal symptoms following a meal" Not exactly sure what this means. Does it mean 20% have regular issues, or that 80% of people have never had gastrointestinal symptoms following a meal (which surely cannot be the case)?

5. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A major contributing factor is child obesity that has increased in the last 2+ decades. Perhaps because of higher levels of the fat-regulating hormone leptin?

There's also a study (studies) that indicate associations to chemicals (phthalates etc) in products. I can't believe the amount of products people (mostly young women) apply to their skin that disrupt hormones.

6. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Mystery illnesses in young women could be in part due to cosmetic product toxicity.

It's funny how mouse models of human disease are considered highly unreliable, but animal models of toxicity are somehow considered safe and reliable.

7. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Cort has written about this study:
    https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...on-ibs-fibromyaglia-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
    suggesting
    I'm interested to see if that is really the case.

9. Andy

Andy Committee Member

In my experience, anything Cort claims is always best taken with a big pinch of salt.

rvallee, Mij, Peter Trewhitt and 3 others like this.