1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Iwasaki LC webinar, November 10th

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Jaybee00, Nov 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Jaybee00

Bumping this...starts in 20 minutes...

3. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought this was a good talk and will be on YouTube at some stage soon. Mostly discussed the recent pre-print.

Judging from the thumbs-up type reactions, there also seemed to be a number of vaccine-injured audience members, who clearly appreciated the unpublished data she presented at the end, along with some hypotheses to consider. Interesting to note the 1:1 overlap in symptoms and demographics between LC and "post-vaccination long haul" — is it the same underlying mechanism of a misfired immune response to systemic spike protein, or maybe specifically targeting endothelium or even epithelium?

Michelle, Fizzlou, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jaybee00

I don’t think she defined LC or mentioned MECFS, but may have missed.

5. SNT Gatchaman

She didn't reference ME specifically until the end. I think the idea being that it's more useful to investigate in a tightly defined cohort (proven LC). However by introduction she framed the talk around infection-related chronic illness in general, and in particular had a slide that listed all the named postviral syndromes (eg post-Ebola, post-polio), plus Lyme etc. Conspicuously absent from the list was "ME/CFS", the point (I took) being that these conditions are all ME. At the end she discussed the various collaborations, including PolyBio (MVZ, AP) who were to investigate ME/CFS (not otherwise specified cause) with her team.

6. SNT Gatchaman