1. Guest, click here to read the 'News in Brief' post for w/c 7th Oct.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it a wonder drug or snake oil? (LDN)

Discussion in 'Other: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; GcMAF' started by Snowdrop, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Pechius

Pechius Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think LDN is incredibly overhyped. I'm not denying that it helps some people. At the very least I would advise anyone not to visit any FB groups, because most of them are cult like. If LDN didn't help, you're doing it wrong. Almost like the BPS crowd.

I had a very negative experience with LDN, at first it made me feel better, but then a few days later I had the worst orthostatic intolerance EVER. I couldn't stand for more than a mimute due to extreme head pressure. Fortunately, it went away after a few weeks.

Yessica, Mij, TiredSam and 2 others like this.
  2. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree it's hyped and some FB groups are better left alone. However for those of us lucky enough to get an effect it is a sort of wonder drug. It takes away so much of the pain and discomfort I live with every day.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, Pechius :( Interesting that we seem to have had the exact opposite response to it. You first better then worse, and me first worse then better.

Edited to finish post that I posted too soon because... ME.

Yessica, Sbag and Mij like this.
  3. obeat

obeat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I started candesartan for hypertension a few months ago. I had 4 migraines a week. Since starting candesartan, I've had one migraine. It is used off label for migraine but I did some research. Candesartan also works on TLR4 as does LDN. It hasn't improved other symptoms. Angiotensin receptor blockers are being studied for reducing neuroinflammation.

andypants likes this.
  4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Transdermal LDN helps my sleep. My doctor likes LDN for neuroinflammation.

andypants likes this.
  5. rel8ted

rel8ted Established Member

Same in the US & the price depended on where it was being shipped. I was unable to afford the LDN.

Trish likes this.
  6. hinterland

hinterland Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Binkie4 likes this.
  7. Metabolically challenged

Metabolically challenged Established Member

Hello. I have read that LDN is available for about $36 for 30 pills from a compounding pharmacy in Aurora, Illinois (USA). The pharmacy is called The Compounder. I just went to their website, and they claim an A-plus rating with the Better Business Bureau. https://thecompounder.com/

Binkie4 and Little Bluestem like this.