1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Online shopping to generate cashback

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Cinders66, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just wanted to highlight a way to raise money when shopping which might be useful to then donate to ME charities, if that is your choice.

I personally mainly use the apps or websites for TopCashback and quidco.

Basically you set up an account and then use them as the “gateway“ for your shop, and then checkout as usual. You then get on average between 1-15% of your purchase total Minus vat “back” into your cashback account. You can then withdraw as money or as gift cards which earns you a bit added on top.

I’ve raised about £500 in 5-6 years. And it’s all through shopping I would do anyway. I think that theres other companies whereby you add an extension to your web browser but I can’t comment as I don’t use a laptop. There’s also “easy fundraising” which is similar except you nominate a charity to be your beneficiary. However I’ve found they actually have cashback rates 50% lower than other companies so it’s not something I often use. Obviously there’s Amazon smile option too, but that is only 0.5%.

an example of benefit:
    This month I needed a tumble drier and a phone for my father

quidco was offering 5% cashback on certain brand tumble driers
    TopCashback is offering £25 cashback for buying a phone and SIM card through a certain company I was planning to use anyway.

To me, on benefits, this is useful money back for shopping exactly as I normally would, except the gateway process.

finally both have refer a friend bonuses, so if you have impressed friends and family enough to join too, once they earn £10 cashback, if they have signed up with your referral link , both of you will get a reward , TopCashback average is £15 each friend.