1. The 'News In Brief' post for w/c 8th October is now available Guest, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling better after taking Clavulin 875mg

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Dechi, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have a chronic sinusitis in 3 areas + acute sinusitis with pus and my ENT doctor prescribed Clavulin 875mg twice a day for 10 days. The first 9 days, nothing special, except I felt I was breathing better through my nose, but the last day, I had an acute reaction, similar to my second viral infection : severe nausea with weakness and dizziness. It last about 10 hours, at variable degrees.

It’s been about 10-12 days since that event and I feel my ME is milder now.

Is this something that will last ? If not, should I stay on Clavulin longer, if someone wants to prescribe it to me ?

Any similar experience welcome !

MErmaid and jpcv like this.
  2. jpcv

jpcv Established Member

You're feeling better probably because sinus infections are a cause of fatigue -and you have treated them- and maybe because the antibiotic is modifying your gut microbes.
    Clavulin is absorbable and is not recommended for long term use.

Dechi likes this.
  3. jpcv

jpcv Established Member

Not many people can tolerate even short term use due to diarrhea and gastric discomfort.

Dechi and Milo like this.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you've had your sinus problems for a while, it could be that it was the sinusitis that was causing some of your symptoms, not the ME.

Dechi likes this.
  5. Dechi

I didn’t even know I had it but it was seen on an MRI 3 years ago. Let’s hope your explanation is the righ one...

MErmaid likes this.
  6. Dechi

Well, it didn’t last long. Maybe 7-8 days. Today I feel like my usual crappy self. Oh well, I’m grateful I had a few good days at Christmas time.

MarcNotMark and Trish like this.