1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise as a Moderator of Persistent Neuroendocrine Symptoms of Covid 19, 2022, Kirwan et al

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Andy, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Abstract

Precipitated by chronic psychological stress, immune system dysregulation, and a hyperinflammatory state, the sequelae of post-acute Covid-19 (long Covid) include depression and new-onset diabetes. We hypothesize that exercise counters the neuropsychiatric and endocrine sequelae of long Covid by inducing the release of circulating factors that mediate the anti-inflammatory response, support brain homeostasis, and increase insulin sensitivity.

Paywall, https://journals.lww.com/acsm-essr/Abstract/9000/Exercise_as_a_Moderator_of_Persistent.99687.aspx

DokaGirl and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That seems easy to test for.

DokaGirl likes this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just a lot of speculation and vague hypothesising about what causes the condition in the first place...

DokaGirl, Art Vandelay, Sean and 5 others like this.
  4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, there's never been a better time to publish my "the solution to climate change is to drill, drill, drill for all the oil and give unprecedented powers to the oil industry to implement it ASAP" since clearly no one checks anything anyway and paying attention to reality is obviously an unnecessary burden in academia.

I also hypothesize that drinking gasoline is good for energy. Send money, lots of it, I may need to test for the next half-century just to be sure.