1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Europe) COVID-19 impact on healthcare management of people with chronic diseases

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Dolphin, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I haven't fill this in myself so far.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8NWFDC2

COVID-19 impact on healthcare management of people with chronic diseases
    Questionnaire for individual patients
    What is the survey about?

This survey seeks to map the impact that COVID-19 has had on diagnosis, treatment and healthcare access and provision for patients with chronic diseases.

This survey is part of the research project PERISCOPE, funded by the European Commission Research Funding programme Horizon 2020 under the Grant Agreement number 101016233. This study has been approved by PERISCOPE Ethics Board on 16 June 2022. PERISCOPE aims to conduct in-depth multidisciplinary research to evaluate Europe’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This survey will help policymakers formulate policies to improve public health emergency governance and response.

The survey has been jointly developed by PERISCOPE partners the European Patients Forum (EPF), the Federation of European Academies of Medicine (FEAM), the Centre for European Policy studies (CEPS) and the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (Inserm).

Who is the survey for?

This survey includes one questionnaire for individual patients with chronic or long-term conditions. You do not need in-depth knowledge of healthcare to complete this survey, questions are primarily about your experience, and there are no wrong or right answers.

Your participation is voluntary. You may choose not to participate. You may drop out of the survey at any moment.

How much time will it take?

This survey consists of 20 questions, some of which have tick-box options. It should take around 15 minutes to complete. Please note that you do need to answer all the questions. In our analysis we can only take into consideration completed surveys in order to have reliable and comparable results.

What is the deadline for completing the survey?

The survey is open until 25th September 2022.

Will my identity be published?

The survey is anonymous, and the results will be treated as strictly confidential. We only ask for information necessary to analyse the results, e.g., demographic and country information. No personal identifying information will be collected. By completing and submitting this survey, as a participant, you are providing your informed consent.

Data protection

Your answers will be stored in a password protected electronic format, and will not be used for marketing or any commercial purposes. Your data will be stored for 5 years after being provided.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am a bit concerned about some of the questions in this one. There is a heavy "your just depressed really" bent to some of the questions and in a lot of cases you can't say that actually all care has been completely cancelled by the NHS, you only have the option of very poor rather than non existent. Its not a well done survery its got a clear slant of mental health.

4. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Done - a bit tricky to answer some of the questions because the questionnaire assumes that all chronic diseases get treatment (if only!).

5. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I must admit that I didn't find it so - my big problem was that it wanted you to compare your 'treatment' before and after the pandemic and, of course, we don't get any but I thought it was a good opportunity to make some points.