1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

England footballer forced to take break because of fatigue

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by JohnTheJack, Apr 16, 2022.

1. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Worth reading this from an article about her issues with pericarditis back in 2019/2020.

"The former Reading forward had kept the extent of her illness concealed until February when Chelsea published an interview where she spoke of being diagnosed with pericarditis. She was unable even to become frustrated by the speculation over her health, form and fitness because she “just felt so poorly”.

“I was in a place where I just completely zoned out of everything. I was a ghost, a zombie, I wasn’t really there. I went from pushing myself to being able to train all week after coming back from injury and getting back involved to not being allowed to walk up the stairs more than twice in a day,” Kirby told Scott. “That’s how extreme it was. I wasn’t allowed to go for a walk, I wasn’t allowed to do anything that would put stress on me, I had to lay on the sofa. For two months.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-kirby-came-close-to-retiring-due-to-illness

DokaGirl, alktipping, MEMarge and 4 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's starting to be quite a bit of evidence that myocarditis and/or pericarditis may be a factor here, perhaps impairing the damage repair progress with exertion leads to small weaknesses?

DokaGirl likes this.