1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Edinburgh News: Edinburgh SNP councillor Ian Campbell stands down for health reasons

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Feb 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Edinburgh News: Edinburgh SNP councillor Ian Campbell stands down for health reasons

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....n-campbell-stands-down-health-reasons-1886039

Edinburgh SNP councillor Ian Campbell has announced he is resigning for health reasons.

Elected to represent Craigmillar/Duddingston at the last council elections in May 2017, he served as vice-convener of culture and on the health board.

His resignation will mean a byelection in the ward, with the SNP tipped as favourites to retain the sea.

Cllr Campbell told yesterday’s full council meeting he had been dealing with chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as ME. He said: “It has become increasingly difficult for me to manage my symptoms while trying to fulfil my role as councillor. “This illness has left me with continual bouts of physical and mental exhaustion and I feel the only way to improve my health is to step down and to concentrate on my own health.”…

Hutan, petrichor, mango and 18 others like this.
  2. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

he has my sympathy dealing with any kind of high stress job with even a mild version of this disease would rapidly lead to a considerable worsening to a whole new level of suffering . I just thought what is happening that I can actually sympathise with a politician . damn this disease .

Trish, petrichor and MEMarge like this.