1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Myhill’s complaint to GMC about PACE authors.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Robert 1973, Jan 15, 2018.

1. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think my new one may be knowledgeable (Dr Evans). I think she said she was, and spoke as though she was, but you have to be careful!

Don't know if you've switched yet?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    MEMarge and Invisible Woman like this.
  2. Jan

Jan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm registered there and had to have initial appointment with a GP from their partner surgery to get prescriptions. I don't think he believes ME is a physical illness, though he was very careful not to say it directly. Decided to refer me to pain clinic without knowing anything about me, my health or discussing how I am coping. I've ignored the letters from NHS requesting I make an appointment.

I'm pretty pissed off because I'm nearly 2 yrs overdue seeing a cardiologist, yet that referral doesn't seem to have been made. He even said that not all people with your heart problem need to see a cardiologist regularly. I politely told him that I have been seen annually since I was diagnosed years ago and was informed by letter to attend the following year.

He noticed that I was not taking anti d's and said that many people with long term health issues suffer from depression. I smiled and said I'm really lucky that I don't.

I really need to go again as I have other health issues as well, I've been putting it off to avoid catching 'flu, but also find it so hard after what I went through with the GP from hell at the other practice. I was so anxious before this last appointment, it was awful.

Next time I shall make sure I see Dr Evans! I've requested the MEA purple book be sent to her, I hope it doesn't offend her :nailbiting:

Hutan, MEMarge, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is there a copy of the complaint in non .doc format? Pdf or plain text for example?

Invisible Woman likes this.
  4. Sbag

Sbag Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i can resave it as that if you want? Or if you want to when you save the document just change the doc type.

Barry and Invisible Woman like this.
  5. alex3619

If you can resave it in pdf or even txt that would be great, as MS steps in and starts making demands and all options are locked out. I actually own several versions of Word, old old versions, but don't recall where the activation codes are and the new version is going in a direction I refuse to be a part of. If you do not agree you cannot even save a .doc document. A more recent version of Word was lost as the activation code was on an email that is irrecoverable.

Inara, Invisible Woman and JohnM like this.
  6. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Over 4000 now

MEMarge, Indigophoton, Trish and 3 others like this.
  7. Sbag

Here you go, if you want in any other formats let me know

Attached Files:

8. alex3619

Thank you, that is helpful, but I was more interested in Dr Myhill's actual complaint letter which I still have not read. It goes into specific allegations of fraud, misconduct and unethical behaviour.

Barry likes this.
  9. Sbag

oh sorry here you go

Attached Files:

Inara, Barry, Indigophoton and 4 others like this.
  10. alex3619

Thank you. :)

11. Penelope McMillan

Penelope McMillan Established Member (Voting Rights)

12. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Re-reading the letter, I'd previously missed the fact that so far as financial fraud is concerned, it is not just about financial gain to the fraudsters, but also about financial loss to their victims. The case made is very strong I think where patients have lost various benefits as a consequence of PACE.

janice, sea, Jan and 6 others like this.
  13. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not to mention 20 years of working life to ME...

janice, Jan, Skycloud and 4 others like this.
  14. Barry

Absolutely so. Probably not something that would be so easy to pin down in a court of law though, as technically fraud. Whereas what Sarah Myhill is going for I think may have a good chance. I really hope so!

janice, MeSci, Jan and 2 others like this.
  15. guest001

guest001 Guest

Not for me.

Inara likes this.
  16. Barry

Interesting. Can you clarify please @Lilpink.

17. guest001

guest001 Guest

I don't think I can without going into a great deal of back chatter courtesy of the switched-on US advocates and I just don't have the energy for that atm, nor would it be right to abuse the trust of others. There are issues which make me disinclined to engage with this outfit. I might be drawn in time when particular issues raise their heads.

Barry and ArtStu like this.
  18. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Being denied benefits may also have a knock on effect with state pension payment.

People may be denied other insurance payouts (not just PHI). For example, when I first became ill, I had an insurance policy on my mortgage that would have paid the whole thing off - if I could demonstrate that my condition was permanent. Well, of course I couldn't, but 20 years on it sure fee!s that way and I may well continue to be debilitated by it until I die.

There will be a myriad of other ways that pwME will have financially harmed.

meg22, sea, MEMarge and 10 others like this.
  19. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Or indeed their livelihoods

MeSci, Jan, Barry and 3 others like this.
  20. Barry

Agreed, but that would be much less likely to convince a court, as even if there had been lots of good research over the years, I don't see a court taking it as a certainty PwME would have had a cure that enabled them to work again. Whereas there is a pretty solid causal relationship between PACE and loss of benefits and insurance payouts.

Amw66, Jan and Invisible Woman like this.