1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller: Trial By Error: A Letter to NICE About the IAPT Program

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Indigophoton, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://www.virology.ws/2018/06/18/trial-by-error-a-letter-to-nice-about-the-iapt-program/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Both links take me to the same page, @Andy.

Indigophoton and Andy like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Not quite the same page but I'll admit I assumed, rather than checking, that the blog wouldn't be available to view on the homepage which is the link in the original post. Although, for the future, it's better to have the link direct to the particular blog post, as obviously the home page of Virology blog will change.

Barry, Trish and Indigophoton like this.
  5. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Andy, I did check the link worked as it looked odd to me too, but have changed it to your version, as that will be better long term.

Barry, MeSci, ladycatlover and 2 others like this.
  6. Sarah

Sarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"According to the NICE website, the organization is working with IAPT to 'assess digitally enabled therapies for anxiety, depression and medically unexplained symptoms which offer the potential to expand these services further.'"

The IAPT Manual defines the three steps of the stepped care model, with computerised CBT categorised as a Step 2 intervention. According to the manual, all forms of "MUS" under the programme, including CFS, are to be implemented as Step 3 interventions.

Screenshot_20180618-163439.jpg Screenshot_20180618-162659.jpg Screenshot_20180618-162748.jpg

TiredSam, Barry, Oni and 5 others like this.
  7. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This message to those who propose CBT and GE for ME/CFS patients.

:sick: :bawling: :arghh: :walkingdead :grumpy: :ill: :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsdown: :wtf: :banghead: :mad: :facepalm: :grumpy: :emoji_rage: :emoji_japanese_goblin: :emoji_japanese_ogre: :emoji_imp:

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Here's my message to @dave30th.

:thumbup: :) :balloons: :party: :emoji_bow: :emoji_clap: :emoji_dancer: :emoji_dancers: :emoji_ok_hand: :emoji_smile: :emoji_smile_cat: :emoji_smiley_cat: :emoji_cake: :emoji_cocktail: :emoji_champagne_glass: :emoji_champagne: :emoji_cherries: :emoji_strawberry: :emoji_tropical_drink: :emoji_wine_glass:

Anna, MeSci, adambeyoncelowe and 2 others like this.
  8. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm really glad @dave30th is picking up on this.

My worry is that, as we are distracted by the sight of PACE slowly taking on water, the next phase of our mistreatment/neglect and abuse is already up, running and firmly established in the form of IAPT.

I can just see them saying: "oh well, NICE may have reviewed their guidelines we'll have to wait x years to assess IAPT performance and then do a review.

As always, loving your work David. :thumbup:

TiredSam, MarcNotMark, Hutan and 13 others like this.
  9. Tilney

Tilney Established Member

So is the NHS going to supply a "miracle drug" that gives you "a day off" from CFS/ME to enable everyone to attend once a week

Sarah, ladycatlover, Oni and 11 others like this.