1. Guest, 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 14th September 2020 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering posting a research study here? Here's the best way to title your post

Discussion in 'Health News and Research unrelated to ME/CFS' started by Woolie, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woolie

Woolie Committee member

If you're thinking of posting here, please title your thread according to the following format:

Study title (year) first author

Add an 'et al' if there is more than one author.

Example:

Predicting personality traits from resting-state fMRI (2017) Dubois et al

Where the title, together with author and year, would exceed the S4ME character limit for a thread title, just use the first part of the title and add ... to indicate it is abbreviated, followed by the year and author.

Add more authors if you want to highlight a particular author that isn't the first author.

Where a title is not self explanatory, add a short comment after the title, year and author, for example you might add [research includes ME], [research on rats], or [hypothesis article].

Please do not add a personal opinion about the paper to the title, for example do not add 'more BPS rubbish' to the title.

This helps people to find the discussion if they Google the article, and also helps the S4ME librarians to collate key research pieces.

Thanks,

Woolie

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019
    Anna H, Mij, merylg and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.