1. Guest, the 'News In Brief' post for w/c 13th August is now available, click here to read it.
    Dismiss Notice

CDC ME/CFS in Children Fact Sheets

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Tom Kindlon, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Tom Kindlon

3. Tom Kindlon

4. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Where is the CDC recommendation for rest and pacing? Isn't that what children need to have any hope of recovery?

ETA: "limiting physical activity" is along those lines, but I feel it needs to be emphasized more that substantial rest is needed and to avoid the push/crash cycle.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    MEMarge, Amw66, Simone and 1 other person like this.
  5. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree. It's good that this fact sheet doesn't emphasise the need for exercise, pushing through, or challenging false illness beliefs, but there isn't enough emphasis on the importance of rest and pacing, and it doesn't convey how severely unwell some may be (ie: attending school may be out of the question for some).

6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know that we do have good evidence on what is useful for recovery, so I think it's best for the CDC to be cautious in their recommendations.

I didn't find anything annoying about that document. Amazing. Maybe just a sign I'm extra tired and not thinking things through properly?! Even if so, I'm still going to let myself feel pleased about it for a while.

MEMarge and Barry like this.