1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's going on in Bristol(?)

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Bristol Cable article from July 2017 still accepting comments
    An excellent article from last year:
    "
    Trials on certain treatments of chronic fatigue syndrome, or ME, have pitted patients against researchers, and scientists against scientists – amid furious clashes on the validity of landmark studies into the condition.
    Words: Lorna Stephenson
    "

People are still able to comment.

https://thebristolcable.org/2017/07...bristol-university-and-controversial-science/

Maybe someone could add a plug for S4ME, update of what has happened since?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Invisible Woman, TiredSam and Trish like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I assume it's a paid for ad. Presumably a company that therapists pay to find them clients.

Edit: This was a response to a post that has been removed by the poster, so is no longer relevant.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    MEMarge likes this.
  3. Trish

Well, you may be right, but I took it to be an ad. Especially as all the other things in that list across the top of the page are ads, so why would that one not be? I don't want to argue, I'm just a bit bemused.

Edit - also a response to a deleted post.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    MEMarge and Sly Saint like this.
  4. Revel

Revel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From Linkedin information, it looks like some tech/media savvy guys had a bright idea to make it easier to connect with a therapist to suit your needs in your local area, and formed the company last year. They are advertising nationwide and don't appear to have any specific connections to Bristol/Bath.

It reminds me of one of those tradesman's websites where you type in your requirements and a local plumber/carpenter gets in touch with some extortionate quote. :rolleyes:

5. Sly Saint

all perfectly normal then :rolleyes: Bit like checkatrade.......... find an electrician and while your at it find your local LP practitioner.

6. Sly Saint

Looking at the OHC;
    "Introduction to the OHC Medical Department
    Having a background in psychology and nutritional medicine as well as conventional medicine,
    Dr Hembry is perfectly placed to work in conjunction with the psychology and nutrition teams at The Optimum Health Clinic. Some of the areas she can help with are:..."

"Initial appointments must be with Nicola in person at her clinic in Bristol, but thereafter much can be done by way of telephone consultations, and she can organise tests and most treatments locally."

http://www.theoptimumhealthclinic.com/medical/

"Dr Nicola Hembry is the Medical Director of Integrated Health Screening Ltd, which is a private integrated medical practice based in Clifton, Bristol."

"Integrated Health Screening Ltd is registered with the Care Quality Commission. Full details are available at http://www.cqc.org.uk/directory/1-159135465"

"Conditions that may be helped by Dr Hembry’s approach include the following...
    Cancer / Chronic fatigue syndrome / Allergy and food intolerance / Thyroid disorders / Gut dysbiosis and Candida / Multiple chemical sensitivity / Heavy metal toxicity / Depression / Multiple sclerosis / Parkinson's disease / Alzheimer's disease / Migraine / Osteoporosis / Irritable bowel syndrome / Menopause / Pre-menstrual syndrome / Arthritis / Cardiovascular disease.
    And anyone in good health who simply wants to safeguard and optimise their health for the future."

http://drhembry.com/

7. Revel

Revel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Talk about covering all bases! Colour me dubious . . . :whistle:

8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is there no end to her talents?

9. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I’m really confused by this thread (have posts been deleted or am I really foggy?!). I don’t see an ad I see an article when I click the link - I helped Lorna research that article and give a quote in it, it is legit.

Sly Saint and Esther12 like this.
  10. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It does look like something odd has happened in this thread. @Trish - any idea?

11. Trish

A member has deleted a couple of their own posts as anyone is free to do.
    There was no involvement of moderators.

MEMarge and Esther12 like this.
  12. Sly Saint

Sorry, my fault; I deleted a post of mine querying an ad in another Bristol publication for psychotherapy.
    eta: might have been this one but the link now says 'Mental Health' and then takes you to a site for psychotherapy.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/

Jenny TipsforME, Trish and Esther12 like this.
  13. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks Trish. Would it be best if you edited your post (the second one in the thread), just to make it clear that you were responding to something other than the Bristol Cable article?

Trish likes this.