1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Homeostasis, Exercise, and COVID-19 Isolation by David Marks

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Andy, May 13, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://davidfmarks.com/2020/05/12/...-as-vigorously-promoted-as-social-distancing/

ladycatlover, Woolie, Sean and 10 others like this.
  2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That seems fair enough. Only quibble is that it does not make us "feel" worse, in fact exercise made me feel better. It makes the disease worse and leads to deterioration.

If only quibbles were all that was wrong with most articles!

3. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think that is a very good point to make to doctors and other health professionals. I was the same when I was less severe. Even now, if I achieve something one day, I feel good. The problem is what happens to me physically later.

4. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I loved exercise. I adored Pilates.and even own a Pilates machine.

I even worked out a cut down very minimal routine with the lightest resistance.

When well enough, I never had to steel or push myself to get on the machine. I really enjoyed it and often felt like I could keep going and do a bit more so it took self discipline to stop.

Even if I stopped after the most gentle workout, I would be flattened for at least a week. Literally unable to leave my bed.

Much as I loved it I had to abandon it. I probably got more exercise just by virtue of being able to move about a bit more when I didn't do Pilates.