1. See the 'News in Brief' from w/c 12th August, by clicking here, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Article: Verywell :Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; What Research Shows

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Sly Saint, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not a recommendation

I haven't been through the scientific links in this article but I suspect that the 'evidence' maybe tenous at best.
    there is the option to vote on the articles content at the bottom (no registration required)
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/acupuncture-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-715648

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Looks like advertising to me.

Wasn't the Cochrane review of Chinese medicine for CFS withdrawn?

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

At least from the outset it makes clear there is no claim to cure, and not full symptom relief either. Not read past that bit yet.

hellytheelephant and DokaGirl like this.
  4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know a few that acupuncture has helped for symptom relief. Sane with Perrin technique. It does trend to floor you immmediately afterwards though for either.

DokaGirl and NelliePledge like this.
  5. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Near where I lived in the early stages of ME there was a British acupuncturist who had trained in China. He told me that he cured two thirds of ME sufferers who went to him but could do nothing for the remaining third (including me as it turned out). I knew two other people in the parish with ME. One he cured; the other not.

6. Diluted-biscuit

Diluted-biscuit Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought acupuncture in general had been shown to be no better than placebo?

Sarah94 and NelliePledge like this.
  7. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Established Member (Voting Rights)

Early on in my illness I went to one acupuncturist one day a week in the evening for about 12 weeks. The following day I would have enough energy to complete errands like shopping and whatnot. Then the following day I would fall back to my baseline.

I had my one 100% remission that lasted two to three days right after an acupuncture session with a different acupuncturist.

I also went to an acupuncture school where I went about 50 times and had no relief other than from some the herbs they gave me. At least the cost was reduced.

Annamaria and Sarah94 like this.
  8. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

rvallee and Annamaria like this.