1. Guest, 'News In Brief' from w/c 3rd Dec can be read here.
    Dismiss Notice

Afrika News.com: "Interview with Retha Viviers, founder of ME/CFS foundation S.A"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Andy, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.afrika-news.com/interview-cfs-foundation-founder/

Hutan, rvallee, Barry and 14 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

As well as being in Unrest Retha was also in the Carte Blanche piece:

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Second part of the interview.
    https://www.afrika-news.com/part-2-interview-retha-viviers-founder-cfs-foundation/

4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Retha Viviers on living with ME

@Retha Viviers

edit: re trishes comment below
    I had the same problems and found a couple of Rethas other videos but they appear to use the same graphics.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    MEMarge and Andy like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I have just watched this, or rather listened to it. It is a 6 minute video in which you hear the voice of Retha Viviers talking about what her life is like living with ME, including the need to be able to rest when she needs to and the effects of brain fog both on what she can do and her sense of self worth. I thought the spoken part was very good.

But after about a minute of watching the fast flickering images of pictures being drawn on the screen I had to close my eyes. For the rest of the 6 minutes my eyes went on flickering horribly. Not a nice experience. And then there was piano music going on as well at the same time as the speech.

For a healthy person, it's probably no problem coping with these multiple sensory inputs, and I guess the video is designed to educate healthy people, so it's probably fine, but for pwME like me, it's really problematic.

Edit - I've just realised @Retha Viviers is a member of this forum. I hope you don't feel too bad about my comment. As I said, I think the spoken part is very good, and for healthy people the whole thing is probably fine.

MEMarge, Barry, ukxmrv and 2 others like this.