1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Functional Cell-Based Bioassay for Assessing Adrenergic Autoantibody Activity in Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, 2019, Raj et al

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Andy, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Open access at www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589909019300061

shak8, ahimsa, sb4 and 9 others like this.
  2. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This was the commentary posted by Dysautonomia International in June (copied from a Facebook user, so sorry I don't have a source link). Researchers in Oaklahoma carrying out work on alpha-1 & beta-1 adrenergic auto-antibodies had doubts about the test they were working on and spent a long time figuring out that norepinephrine in serum samples can artificially elevate a1AR and ß1AR activity. This is important for others working in the same area.

Hutan, Samuel, Amw66 and 2 others like this.
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No, it is not a typo, and not another study. The link you provided :) has a little more info (relevant section pasted below) that explains "2014 Conference" refers to when and where the samples were collected. The link in the quote below does refer to the paper in this thread.
    It seems it took 5 years to get good measurements - they eventually figured out that norepinephrine affected the test.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    ahimsa likes this.
  5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @wigglethemouse - my brain was simply unable to absorb the information!

wigglethemouse and Yessica like this.