1. The 'News in Brief' post for w/c 19th August can be read here.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Wonderful news’ as Mid Sussex charity (reMEmber) awarded £5,000 - April 2019

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sly Saint, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"The charity, reMEmber, for people with ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), has been awarded the grant by the Sussex Community Foundation for its Clinical Network and Children’s Service Project."

https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/ne...as-mid-sussex-charity-awarded-5-000-1-8900961

@Graham (might be of interest as is in your neck of the woods)

2. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It is quite close to me, but I've never really known much about it. I tried getting in touch a couple of times, but didn't get anywhere.

3. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I went to their conference in 2016 or 17, and am considering going this year if I have the energy. It’s a fair drive from where I live but I would like to hear Dr Muirhead speak.

The conference I went to was very well attended- speakers were Dr Bansal and Dr Shepherd- and well organised. It’s run by Janice and Bill Kent who attend Forward ME. I don’t know their connection with ME.

In the very early days after diagnosis in 2008 I was in touch with them and received a few copies of their magazine Re MEmber. I can’t really recall why I joined AfME instead ( head in hands). I seem to recall there were regular meetings of ReMEmber and it was too far to go regularly.

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"There will be two expert presenters at the conference, Dr Charles Shepherd and Nina Muirhead who is a surgeon."

Those two names definitely sound encouraging.

Little Bluestem, Trish and MeSci like this.